The Center draws upon the expertise of many individuals, units, and organizations within and outside the University of Nebraska. Although largely centered within the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, faculty and staff in other units at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Nebraska-Kearney, Univeristy of Nebraska at Omaha, the Nebraska State Colleges, and universities in other states are also involved.
The Center continues to develop partnerships with additional institutions and organizations. For example, the Center facilitated formation of and continues to coordinate activities of three multi-state groups of researchers and extension specialists who work in areas of forage utilization by livestock, turfgrasses, and grass seed production. These partnerships will enhance collaborative efforts and allow the Center to better serve grassland interests in Nebraska, the Great Plains, and nationwide.
Associates of the Center for Grassland Studies
Programmatic activity related to the Center's mission is carried out by associates involved in research, extension, teaching, or technical assistance.
Policy Advisory Committee
This committee is composed of deans and department heads, along with selected faculty members, initially appointed by the Vice Chancellor of the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources. The Policy Advisory Committee serves with the director to set policy, develop budget, review goals and objectives, and seek additional support for programs initiated by the Center. Current members include:
- Tom Bragg, Department of Biology, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Craig Derickson, USDA, Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Jim Douglas, Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
- Greg Ibach, Nebraska Department of Agriculture
- Terry Klopfenstein, Department of Animal Science (emeritus), University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Rob Mitchell, USDA, Agricultural Research Service
- Brent Plugge, Cooperative Extension, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Sabrina Russo, School of Biological Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Jim Stubbendieck, Department of Agronomy and Horticulture (emeritus), University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Larry Van Tassell, Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Steven Waller, Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- David Wedin, School of Natural Resource Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Dayle Williamson, formerly with Nebraska Department of Natural Resources
Citizens Advisory Council
A statewide Citizens Advisory Council is appointed by the director of the Center to provide programmatic oversight. Membership represents a balance of diverse constituency served by the Center.