Thank you for your interest in the 2017 Nebraska Grazing Conference. We're currently in the process of updating the 2017 schedule and will post information as it becomes available. Continue to check back for additional information related to conference registration options, sponsor and exhibitor opportunities, and program details. Thank you.
August 8-9, 2017 in Kearney, NE
The cost to attend both days of the conference is $80 (regular) and $50 (student) if registration is completed before August 1, and $100 (regular) and $60 (student) if registration is completed after August 1. Full conference registration includes lunch each day, one admission to the banquet, break refreshments, and a copy of the conference proceedings manual. However, options are available for those who are unable to attend the full event. Information about cost breakdowns will be in the Nebraska Grazing Conference schedule, which is currently being updated and will be available online soon.
- Fences and Water Points: Where They Should Go ... Jim Gerrish, Grazing Consultant/Owner, American GrazingLands Services, LLC
- Beef Systems Initiative ... Archie Clutter, Dean/Director, Agricultural Research Division, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Grass-based Health and the Ruminant Revolution ... Peter Ballerstedt, Forage Product Manager, Barenbrug USA
- The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Weedy Plants ... Chris Helzer, Director, Science for the Nebraska Program, The Nature Conservancy
- 2016 Leopold Conservation Award Winner ... Nancy Peterson, Plum Thicket Farms
- Managing Grassland Vegetation to Benefit Livestock and Wildlife ... Patricia Johnson, Professor, South Dakota State University, West River Ag Center
- What is Plant Cover, and How Can We Manage It for Wildlife Needs? ... Dwayne Elmore, Associate Professor and Bollenbach Endowed Chair in Wildlife Management, Oklahoma State University
- Fencing and Water Development Workshop ... Jim Gerrish, Grazing Consultant/Owner, American GrazingLands Services, LLC
- Producer Panel: Annual Forages vs. Row Crops Under Irrigation ... John Maddux, Producer
- Producer Panel: Economics of Grazing Strategies ... Jim Jenkins, Producer
- It Costs How Much!? ... Aaron Berger, Extension Educator, University of Nebraska Extension, Panhandle Research and Extension Center
- Managing Risks in a Risky World ... Jay Parsons, Associate Professor, Agricultural Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Selecting Cool-season Grasses for Irrigated or Dryland Conditions ... Peter Ballerstedt, Forage Product Manager, Barenbrug USA
- Working Lands for Wildlife ... Bill Vodehnal, Wildlife Biologist II, Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
- NRCS Cost Share Programs ... Craig Derickson, Nebraska State Conservationist, and Brad Soncksen, Nebraska Assistant State Conservationist, Natural Resources Conservation Service
To see a complete conference schedule, click on Nebraska Grazing Conference Schedule.
Note, the sponsor list shown on the schedule may change as additional sponsors and exhibitors are added. Please check back for updates.
The conference flyer is available to print, post, or forward to others you feel may be interested in the 2017 Nebraska Grazing Conference. You may access the flyer at Nebraska Grazing Conference Flyer.
General and student registrations may be completed online at http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=mnvcekkab&oeidk=a07edyqh8gsa7be3c48
See below for sponsor and exhibitor registration information.
Hotel / Conference Location:
Kearney Ramada, 301 2nd Avenue, Kearney, NE 68847, (308) 237-3141.
Sponsor / Exhibitor Opportunities:
The Nebraska Grazing Conference is structured to allow conference goers multiple opportunities to browse an exhibit area, enabling exhibitors to speak with them about new products and services. The trade show has always been popular with the roughly 220 individuals who attend the conference annually.
Levels of sponsorship range from $1,000 (conference underwriter) to $75 (literature sponsor). For a full list of sponsorship levels, or to register as a sponsor or exhibitor, go to http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=mnvcekkab&oeidk=a07edyqihx3e2a7f2c7
May 15 is the deadline for registering your organization online in order to be listed in the promotional event flyer. July 21 is the registration and payment deadline to ensure booth space, as well as inclusion of your listing in the conference proceedings manual and event signage.
Questions? Contact Brent Plugge at (308) 236-1235 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions related to becoming a sponsor or exhibitor.
Regular / Student Registrations: Cancellation requests for regular and student registrations received before August 1 will receive a full refund.
Sponsors / Exhibitors Registrations: Cancellation requests for vendors and exhibitors received before August 1 will receive a full refund. Cancellation requests received after August 1 have the option to receive a 50% refund or a 75% credit toward the next year's sponsor / exhibitor registration.
Media representatives should contact the Center for Grassland Studies to obtain a waiver of day registration.